Do you own a generator?
Does it make annoying sounds? It can be very hard to get any sleep with the sound of that thing running through the night.
What if I told you that there is an effective way to reduce or even eliminate noise from your generator, no matter how loud it is?
The following are steps you can take to do just that.
Step 1: Get a heavier cover for your generators, such as a cover made of metal or concrete. Make sure the surface is smooth so as not to catch the wind and cause noise. Alternatively, you could put it on some rubber material instead of directly on the ground.
Before putting the heavy material over your generator, you need to check that there are no gaps in the cover where air can escape. The idea is to use a solid material so as not to create any noise when the wind passes over it.
Step 2: Get some rubber or plastic sheets, and put them on top of your generator. They will have the same effect as putting it on concrete or metal. However, this is more likely to be effective if the generator is small and does not produce much noise.
It would also be nice to put some kind of insulation between your generator and its cover so the machine is less likely to overheat.
Step 3: If you do not want to go through all that trouble, you could always buy a generator with noise dampening features.
This way, not only will it make less noise generator, but also you do not have to put any cover on it because the dampening technology would prevent the sound from escaping outwards.
As a side note: if your generator is too loud, don’t hesitate to contact a company that specializes in noise reduction. They might be able to help you determine the best way to silence your generator and provide you with services like installing insulation and covers.
You could also contact them if your electrical appliances produce too much noise, and they will probably be able to reduce it or suggest ways of doing so. They can help you silence any noise that distracts you.
Why Should You Silence Your Generator
It is important to reduce the noise from your generator so as not to disturb others nearby. If you have a generator that makes too much noise, it can be very hard for others nearby to sleep or concentrate. The noise will also cause stress and anxiety among those affected by it, which could lead to other problems.
Causes Of Excess Generator Noise
The majority of generators today are powered by gasoline, and these machines can be very loud. If you do not use a heavy cover or insulation material on your generator, you will find that the noise it produces is very annoying.
There are many causes of excess noise: poor insulation, broken rubber mounts, and covers that just do not fit properly…
As such, if your generator starts making too much noise, check to see if any of these factors could be contributing to it.
Perhaps one of them could help reduce the amount of noise generated by your machine. You would have to play around with various materials until you find something that works for you in terms of both function and price.
It will also be a good idea to check the manual of your generator since it might have some noise reduction features that you somehow manage to disable or neglect.
Why You Should Silence Your Generator
Aside from the obvious benefit of being able to sleep without any disturbance, there are other reasons why it is beneficial to use noisy machine covers and insulators:
- It will make your generator last longer because you would not need to change its parts as often. If you use noisy insulation or cover materials for too long, they could eventually wear out and affect the efficiency of your generator.
- It will prevent dirt and bugs from getting in contact with your machines, which can cause damage over time.
- It will keep the machine inside it cooler, which would prolong its life by preventing overheating or damage to your generator.
- You could even end up breaking down less often if you are using a cover that is not of very high quality.
How To Reduce Noise From Your Generator
If you have done everything possible with regards to noisy generator insulation materials, but your generator still makes too much noise for your liking, there are always alternatives:
- As mentioned earlier, you could contact an expert in order to get help with increasing or decreasing the noise level from your generator or electrical appliances. They might be able to reduce the noise so as not to bother anyone around you and provide customized solutions.
- You could also use a decibel meter to measure the noise levels of your generator and compare it with nearby generators. If you realize that your machine makes more noise than others, you might want to invest in some noisy insulation or cover materials.
- You could also try contacting someone who specializes in soundproofing homes and buildings so they can come up with ideas on how you should deal with the noise from your generator. Perhaps their services will be able to reduce it or provide you with some other alternatives that will help minimize the disturbance caused by excess noise.